Friday, November 10, 2006

Microsoft Vista

About time I do a new posting on here. Yesterday I went to the Microsoft Symposium where they announced the new Vista operating system. The new OS looked nice.

Funny how a lot of the 'technical professionals' just went there just to see Microsoft mess up. I would not like to be giving the demo of the new OS there... on the huge (very american-like) stage, in front of about 6000 people, just waiting for something to go wrong. You could just tell, that, even when the product managers giving the demo as much as just hesitated, some people in the audience where already laughing, grinning and not acting their age. Giving credits to Microsoft means an enourmous loss of credibility in the IT-scene I guess.

And mobile phones... some people don't know what the "silent" function is for I think... a guy, in the row in front of me, got called about five times I think... and didn't react. I know it was him, because his pocket lighted up every time. So about the fifth time, he lookes at his neighbour, surprised as to say: "well lardy-dah, I think it might bloody well be me who's phone is ringing, don't you look stupid not telling me!". So he takes his phone, stops the ringing, puts it back in his pocket. And about 5 minutes later, he gets called again! No, I am sorry, but I wanted to slap the back of his head. Of course I didn't, being raised well by my mother.

Well, I don't consider myself a "technical IT professional", or an "IT professional" for that matter, but I think the new OS looked nice. Some features might as well be coming in handy once you get used to them.

songs I was listening to while writing this blog: AC/DC - A whole lotta rosie; AC/DC - Rock 'n Roll Damnation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home